Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Special post - Reminiscing

This is a special post, intersecting the scheduled weekly post.

A few years ago, Phillip Bentle and I would frequently go to Zach Magon's house and fool around on the guitar. I couldn't honestly call it jamming, because nothing ever got done. We'd sit around for an hour or two, try to pick out songs, and give each other a hard time (especially Phil). If I had known how much I would miss that crazy, chaotic mess that we called music, I'd have done it every day.

So this goes out to Zach and Phillip, my brothers from other mothers. I'd give anything to go back to those days. Man Scouts forever!

And now some lyrics from Time:
"Tired of lying in the sunshine,
Staying home to watch the rain.
But you are young, and life is long,
And there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you,
No one told you where to run.
You've missed the starting gun."

No comments:

Post a Comment