Friday, March 9, 2012

A Nice Week

This was a nice week.

It was calm, fair-weathered and quick. What more could you ask for?

This Tuesday was the birthday of two people who are close to me in this world--both for very different reasons. My good friend Zach Magon celebrated his 21st birthday this year. Happy birthday, Zach--and I feel that I must say a congratulations for having lived this long! We've done some stupid stuff in our day. March 6th also marks the birthday of my favorite guitarist and all-around idol, David Gilmour. The former member of Pink Floyd has always inspired me as a guitarist, and, as of late, as a humanitarian. He celebrates his 66th birthday this year.

Now, some of you may know that I am somewhat of a Star Trek fan. Specifically The Next Generation. Last summer, I made a goal to watch all of the episodes (176) through all seven seasons. Well, I finished this week! I watched the final, 94 minute episode this Wednesday. Now all I have to do is watch all the movies!

Some upsetting news for loyal Indiana sports fans came this week. Peyton Manning is leaving the Colts. It has been talked about since his injuries, but honestly I had lost track. I didn't pay attention to football at all this season. It still surprises me, though. Manning had a very successful 14-year run with the Indianapolis Colts, and I feel he ended it on a good note. I just hope he doesn't become the next Brett Favre.

The Doomsday Year seems to be a good one, at least, in terms of upcoming games. Halo 4 is the biggest release on my radar at the moment. I thought Reach looked great, but 4 is looking even better. Updated matchmaking, new forge, continuing the story of Master Chief--it should be interesting!

I give this week a B+, for its good quality and overall lack of bad news. I've enjoyed good weather, the celebration of birthdays, and finishing a series in its entirety. I hope you've all had at least a B+ week, too!

And now, lyrics from Have a Cigar:
Come in here, dear boy,
Have a cigar, you're gonna go far.
You're gonna fly, you're never gonna die
You're gonna make it if you try,
They're gonna love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDpc04r_QM


1 comment:

  1. Thank ya buddy. X-))) great job on the TNG btw. Best series ever! And a great post. Long live Gilmore!!!

    Zach Magon

    ReplyDelete