Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Nice (but fast) Spring Break

I didn't do much this week, so there won't be a whole lot to talk about. Also, sorry for missing last Sunday--I'm not really sure what happened. Not much went on that week either, though, so you didn't miss out on much.

I went home to Vevay for a few days this week and got a 'new' haircut. The actual cut isn't much different from what I normally get, but it allows me to do some new hair styles. I'm wearing my hair in a part to the left for a few days to see how I like that. Might change it up a bit depending on what I can do. But anything I do will be far from how it used to be.

For those of you who don't know, I started writing a fiction/fantasy book in the middle of March. Progress has gone well. I'm at about 21.6 thousand words, and the story feels really solid to me. I'd like to be done with the overall story by the end of the summer, but you never know what'll happen. I guess time will tell.

Wow. That's it. Two paragraphs this week, and they're not even technically full ones. Oh well.

I'll give this week a B-. It was pretty average, but it's always nice to go home and see the family and dogs. New haircuts aren't bad, either.

Here are some lyrics from "Learning to Fly"
"There's no sensation to compare with this,
Suspended animation, a state of bliss.
Can't keep my mind from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntARTRQOpd0


No comments:

Post a Comment